Expression of Interest (EOI) – The Café
In accordance with the NSW Department of Primary Industries “Authorizing Surf Life Saving Club’s use of Crown land in NSW (ISBN 978-1-742256-882-9) and in providing an open and transparent procurement process, SBSLSC is inviting businesses to respond to this Expression of Interest (EOI) to Operate and Maintain “The Balcony” restaurant located upstairs at the Shelly Beach Surf Life Saving Club (SBSLSC), Shelly Beach Road, Shelly Beach on the NSW Central Coast.
Shelly Beach Surf Club (SBSLSC) has been serving the local community with surf lifesaving activities for over 50 years. In 2011 SBSLC open the doors of its newly built premises. The new premises are considered state of the art and modern. The surf club has a downstairs café in which the club receives rent, a bar that is owned and operated by the surf club and a kitchen that is available to be operated as a restaurant under the branding “The Balcony”.
Please refer to the floor plans available on the Shelly Beach Website on the EOI “The Balcony” web page (this page).
The successful proponent(s) will be able to commence trading with little to nil required capital outlay.
Please refer to the floor plans using the following link: https://shellybeachsurfclubblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/shellybeachfloorplan-upstairs.pdf
The Balcony Restaurant
We are seeking a response via EOI for interested proponents to operate and maintain the kitchen and full restaurant operations of the upstairs SBSLSC.
Via this EOI process SBSLSC with the assistance of Conceptual Pty Ltd will short list a maximum of 4 candidates to continue through to a Request for Proposal (RFP).
For the EOI stage, SBSLSC is interested in receiving proposals with the following features that will form the basis of the selection criteria and scoring.
- Proven ability or track-record in establishing and operating a restaurant and/or catering business.
- Financial capacity to operate ‘The Balcony’ and fund any cash-flow requirements.
- Achieve, measure and improve in the areas of Quality, Service and Cleanliness in all aspects of the restaurant operation (Food and Function).
- How they will maintain the kitchen and associated equipment.
- How they will offer a relevant and appealing menu for restaurant guests.
- A concept of how they would operate the restaurant inclusive of opening hours, bookings and storage (Please note that trading will not include breakfast or takeaway. This is due to fair trade with the existing Café).
- How they would staff the operation.
- How they would market and advertise the operation.
- Any innovation the vendor believes they can bring to SBSLSC
Process – TimeLine
- 6th of June 2022 at midday AEST the EOI Opens
- 30th of June 2022 at 4pm AEST the EOI closes
- 7th – 14th of July 2022 (Shortlist of 4 proponents)
- 21st to 28th July 2022 (Request for Proposal – RFP)
- 21st August 2022 (Deadline for RFQ Responses)
- 21st August – 7th September (Clarifications / Q&A)
- 7th – 14th September (Shortlist of 1 or 2 proponents)
- 14th – 28th September (Negotiation of agreement)
- 28th – 30th of September (Contract award)
- October (Operations commence)
It is the intention of SBSLSC to meet the above timeline but is subject to change due to conditions beyond our control. If there are changes to this timeline they will be available on the Shelly Beach Web Site (see rules section below).
This first phase of the EOI will open at midday on Monday the 6th of June 2022 and close strictly at 4pm on Thursday the 30th of June 2022. No submissions will be accepted after this time.
The following rules exist to ensure that the EOI process retains integrity from beginning to end and that all candidates have equal opportunity to put forward their best submission.
Email / Correspondence
All correspondence, including submission of EOIs, questions or RFP related information must be directed to the following email address. This email automatically forwards to members of the EOI review panel.
Information sent to SBSLSC via any other email account, postal address or any other means will not be accepted and will therefore be ignored.
Probity / Integrity
Any person and/or entity found to be approaching members or associates of SBSLSC for information relating to this EOI outside of this process will be deemed to be in breach of the rules and any such expression of interest will be considered null and void.
Any member of SBSLSC found to be working outside of this EOI process that could be considered as providing an unfair advantage to a candidate will face disciplinary action by way of membership expulsion.
All submissions are to be provided in PDF format. By providing submission in PDF format the process is assured of read only submissions.
Further information will be available at:
https://shellybeachsurfclub.com/thebalcony2022/ (this web page)
If a question or information is deemed relevant to the success of this EOI process, then it will be published on this website so that all parties have access to information as it comes to hand. It is up to the candidates to check the website for updates as no notification will be sent directly to candidates.